Our aging parents have spent a lifetime accumulating memories, many of which are centered around the home. Simply walking through each room can trigger smiles and shared laughter: Remember the time the dog tipped over the Christmas tree in that corner? When little Billy would slide down the bannister rather than taking the stairs? The time Aunt Margaret baked her famous pumpkin pie in this very dish, but left out the sugar?
The saying is true; there really is no place like home. That’s why at Quality First Home Care, we take pride in making it possible for older adults to continue to enjoy their homes, safely and enjoyably, for a lifetime. We know that, according to AARP, the vast majority – nearly 90% of all seniors – prefer to age in place at home. Here are just a few of the many benefits to be realized by helping your senior loved ones remain living where they’re most comfortable: at home.
- Freedom and independence are enhanced. Seniors with in-home care assistance continue to decide what they’d like to eat, as well as when and where to eat it, who they’d like to visit with, what time to go to bed and when to wake up, what activities to engage in.
- One-on-one care, rather than sharing care with others in a facility setting, means that needs are addressed promptly.
- Care is highly individualized to each person’s unique interests, likes, dislikes, personality, etc.
- The comfort of familiar surroundings enhances peace of mind and reduces anxiety and stress for older adults.
- The possibility of contracting illnesses is minimized when living at home rather than in a group setting.
- Recovering at home following a hospitalization with the assistance of an in-home caregiver reduces the chance of re-hospitalizations from complications.
- Home care allows families to spend more quality time together, as the in-home caregiver takes care of household chores, meals, personal care tasks, etc.
The Lawrenceville in-home care experts at Quality First Home Care are available for as much or as little care as needed – from just a few hours each week, to full-time, live-in care, and everything in between. Contact us by calling 770-639-3976 to request a free in-home consultation. We’ll work with you to develop a customized plan of care for your senior loved one to enhance quality of life in the comfort of home.